We will learn about how a simple application can be developed and tested in a sandboxed environment and then deployed to a multi-node cluster leaveraging a shared nothing data store. Our goal is to make any computer in the room part of the cluster to provide compute and storage power to our service.
In this workshop we will build a fully shared nothing web service from scratch with the following tools:
- Buildout software build system
- Pyramids web framework
- Crate data store
- SQLAlchemy the ORM
- Mac or Linux Operating System would be best
- Python 3.4 and Java 7 installed
- A user on GitHub for sharing our code
- git clone of https://github.com/dobe/ep2014tutorial
- Basic Python and Web knowledge
- Introduction about the planned application
- Creating the full-stack development sandbox.
- Setup Integration Tests using the full software stack.
- Programming the service endpoints
- Build one cluster with all computers in the room.